We offer a half and full day Zambezi Rafting during low and high water seasons. The Zambezi River below the Victoria Falls is widely considered to be the very best rafting river in the world. The Zambezi River has class 3 – 5 rapids interspersed with tranquil pools. This enables you to marvel at the magnificent beauty of the Batoka Gorge between some of the exciting and challenging rapids. The best qualified guides will be there to ensure that you have both an enjoyable and safe day.
What is included in the tour
- Video of the adventure
- All equipment (helmet, paddle, rafts etc.)
What is NOT included in the tour
- Park fees
- Beautiful scenery of the batoka gorge as you enjoy the rapids.
The Low Rafting Season runs approximately from the middle of July to the middle January, depending upon the water level - this can change as and when levels increase or decrease. The best months are usually August and September.
- Full Day pick up from Livingstone Lodges is at 08h30 getting back at about 17h00.
- Half Day in the morning. Pick up from Livingstone Lodges is at 08h30 getting back at about 13h30.
- Half Day in the afternoon. Pick up from Livingstone Lodges is at 10h30 getting back at about 17h00
A full day includes 21 rapids, lunch and and the drive back to your lodge.
A half day trip in the morning takes rapids 1 -10, a light lunch and drinks.
The afternoon rafting includes lunch, drinks and rapids 11 - 21.
Please note: No Children under 15 allowed.
If the water level is too high, the river is closed for safety reasons - this usually happens between April and June